Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Hills are Alive

I've been having technical difficulties posting to my blog; my pictures weren't showing up and I was getting frustrated, so Lauren (my writerly daughter) said "mom, just write!"   So here I am, just writing.  I'm sitting in the sun room, watching the day begin.  We have so many birds here... swallows, finches, robins, warblers, bluebirds and they are busily going about their bird business and calling out to each other. If you listen carefully, you can hear all the different calls, like listening to dozens of voices speaking in their own languages.  In the distance, I can see the horses over in the neighbour's paddock and every now and then one of them gives out a whinny.   Charlie, the neighbour's dog just let out a good morning woof and Hogan is answering rather loudly.  The Hockley hills are echoing with the sounds of communicatin' !  Add to that the soft clacking of my fingers on the keyboard as I tap out this little message... I can imagine all of us calling out in our own little ways to each other...

5 comments:

Becca said...

Wow it sounds wonderful by your house. I still have yet to see it. Phillip and I need to come visit one of these days.

Amberly said...

That sounds so peaceful. Maybe you can send us a CD of it to relax to. :) Hope you guys are doing well. We love you!

Dellany Higby said...

Ooooooh good idea Lauren, it really painted a beautiful picture! Sounds amazing. Give grammy hugs and kisses from us, we love you Grams!

Barbara said...

Dorothy, you are gifted! Your description was so perfect, since I've been there and could SOOO picture it! It makes me want to be there with you and Mom SOOO badly! Give Hogan a hug for me and Dell, and Mom a big hug and kiss! Keep up the posting cuz what you produce to quote Cameron "shurrr iz delishious!" Love you tons! Barb

Lauren said...

Yippee! I like your description mom! (Gee I wonder who I got that "writerly" gene from? I think I know who... ;) See you this friday! (Talk to you tomorrow)