That was then...
This is a picture of Lauren on her 1st birthday...
...and this is now!
I woke up around 4 o'clock this morning and I remembered waking up around that time 23 years ago on the day you were born. Our journey began early that morning as your dad and I drove across the Lion's Gate Bridge to get to the hospital. It was clear and quiet; the stars were still out and we were breathless with excitement as we looked at each other and said, today we're having a baby! It's been a wonder to journey this far with you and we are excited for your future!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY
ps: remember, we'll love you for always and as long as we're living, our baby you'll be:)


8 comments:
Awww mum that is so cute! What a sweet birthday message! (See you in two hours!)
Love ya!
...I just realized that I'm logged in under Matt's name. Oooops! Well, you know it's me.
I think having a child is one of the most magical events we get to be a part of in this life. I remember the anticipation and excitement with each child and then gazing in amazement at their sweet faces after they are born. Thanks for taking such great care of Grandma. We love you guys so much!
Happy Birthday Lauren! What a beautiful baby then and a beautiful woman now. Love you Lauren!
Aunt Dorothy, thanks for taking care of grandma, I wish I could be there. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. We love you all, especially you Gramma!
So sweet! Happy B-Day Lauren! Thanks Doe for everything - see you next week!
Happy Birthday Lauren! Those little babies sure grow up fast!
What an adorable baby she was and now such a gorgeous young lady! Congrats and happy birthday!
That is a beautiful picture of Lauren! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment