Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mom

This is a quick post to keep you all up to date on mom's progress.  She is one plucky lady, that's for sure!  We brought her to my house from the hospital last Friday and she's been resting and enjoying a bit of fresh air on the deck everyday.  Her favourite napping place is the sunroom; Milo and mom curl up on the sofa every afternoon.  Yesterday Patricia left and we were a little lost in the afternoon, but mom folded laundry and swiffered the living room.  She's getting tired of being waited on, she says.  She talked to her friend Pheny last night and I'm going to encourage her to call more of her friends today and we might take a ride into town later.  She wants to go back to her house on Thursday so she's really trying to get stronger.  So far, she's handling the new chemo drug really well.  As she says, "So far, so good!"

9 comments:

tamrandfamily said...

Grandma you are amazing! Seriously, we could all learn from you and your courage, faith and strength!! I love you and wish I could be there! Love you too Aunt Dorothy :)

Amberly said...

I'm glad you are right there to take care of Grandma, even if she doesn't want to be waited on. I'm glad she is feeling stronger. We love you so much Grandma!!!

Dellany Higby said...

Oh my word! Grams, you are the strongest lady I have ever known. I wish I could be with you right now, we would hang out and have a good ol' time! We miss you so much and think about you all the time. Thanks for keeping us 'posted' about how she is doing aunt Dorothy. We love you all!

Barbara said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! So glad Mom is still being a little feisty! Thanks for taking such good care of her Doe! See you in a few weeks or sooner, whatever you think is best!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Glad to hear Grandma is doing better!!! Love you Grandma! :) Hang in there! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Becca said...

Thank you for the update! Grandma you are one tough cookie. I love you and miss you all so much! And Grandma it's ok to be taken care of, I mean think about it you have taken care of everybody else for all these years.

matt and sarah said...

I'm so glad your feeling better Grandma! Aunt Dorothy you're amazing for taking such good care of grandma! We miss and love you all!!

Randalls said...

Dorothy,

I cherish the time I spent with you and mom. I miss you both, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Patricia

P.S. Come visit my blog :)

tamrandfamily said...

"Remember that you are equal to this task"
Thanks Aunt Dorothy for your comments!! You just made my day!!! I never saw our challanges that way...and I like it!!! Love you...